Your Electronic Library Card
The library will no longer issue Library card, instead your Electronic Library Card will be provided and conveniently accessible online. You may consult your Library borrowing records, regardless you are in the school, at home or at a coffee shop with Internet access by logging into the U.P. Integrated Library System (iLib system).
Using this option you can:
- Check which books you have on loan (checked out) and when they are due for return
- Renew any books which are due for return that you still require
- Check any reservations (holds) you have made
- Check any outstanding charges (fines) you may have
- Check your previous transactions with the library, and
- Recommend titles for acquisition to Librarian (option limited to Faculty)
Login to your Library account:
- To access your library borrowing record, you need your login Username and Password to the iLib system
- The iLib system automatically assigned your Identification Number as your Username.
- Your Password must be initially secured from the library.
- The login menu is found at the top of the screen of the iLib System.
- To login, enter your ID Number without the dash and no space in the Username (ex. 200812345) and type your Password then click login.
- Three additional "My Library" user options will be shown at left side menu if your login is successful:
- Click the E-Library Card and your personal library record will then be shown, including information on:
- You may renew your loans at this point by clicking the tick box in the left hand column by the item you wish to renew and then clicking the "Renew" button at the bottom of your borrowers record screen. Go back to each item, check that it has been renewed and note the new due date.
- Note: The renew option is not available if the item has been requested for another user or if you have fines, as your record is blocked. In this case go to the Library Service Desk where the relevant overdue items were issued from and consult staff.
- Outstanding Fines and Fees are also shown, but please note that fines on overdue items which are still on loan are not calculated (or shown here) until the item is returned or billed as lost.
- Please remember to logoff so that your Library information is not left displayed for other people to see.