UP Manila constituents can borrow materials from any of the libraries in the system. The number of items you can borrow depends on your status and the loan category of the item. A range of categories is used to facilitate the most effective use of our collections. Please refer to the tables below.
You must have your library validated University ID card with you to borrow items from the library. If an item has been reserved for you, it will be held at the Issue Desk. Items can be returned at the Issue Desk.
|User Categories||No. of Items||Interim Loan Entitlements
under the "New Normal"
|Types of Materials||Loan P eriods*||Interim Loan Period
under the "New Normal"
|General Circulation Books||7 days (renewable once);
except in CAS with 14 days
|Filipiniana Books||7 days
|Reserve Books||Overnight||7 days
|Reference Books||Room use only||Room use only|
|Theses/Dissertations||Room use only||Room use only|
|Special Collections||Room use only||Room use only|
|Journals||Room use only
|Room use only|
|Periodicals||Room use only
|Room use only|
- You are responsible for ensuring that items are returned or renewed on or before the due date.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that it will be possible to renew items. If items have been reserved for another user, they must be returned on the due date. Fines will apply if items are not returned by the due date.
- Any borrowed item may be recalled at any time. Fines will apply if items are not returned by the amended due date.
- Please remember that you are responsible for all items borrowed on your account until they are returned and cleared off your record.
- If items become overdue while issued to you we will send a courtesy reminder by email or post informing you of this.
- If you fail to return them at this stage a second overdue message will be sent and your record will be blocked for borrowing and renewal.
- If you still fail to return items you will be billed for their replacement cost.
- Notices are a courtesy and non-receipt does not exempt the borrower from overdue fines or charges
Guide on how to pay your fines:
- Go to the unit library where you have incurred an overdue fine.
- Pay the exact amount at the library’s circulation desk.
You will receive a receipt for your transaction.
|Filipiniana||Php 2.00 per day|
|General Circulation||Php 2.00 per day|
|Reserve||Php 50.00 per day|
Loss of a Circulation Book
Any person who loses or fails to return a book within seven (7) days after the due date or recall shall either replace it with the same title or good photocopy or pay its current replacement value, or replace it within thirty (30)days by another title to be selected by the librarian. In all cases, the person shall pay a fine equivalent to 50% of the cost of the book.
Loss of a Periodical
Any person who loses or fails to return a periodical after recall shall either replace it with the same title and issue number or a good photocopy within thirty (30) days or pay its current replacement value, and pay a fine equivalent to 50% of the cost of the periodical.
Failure to Return a Circulation Book
Any person who fails to return any book open to general circulation on its due date or after recall shall pay a fine of Php2.00 a day, exclusive of Sundays and holidays.
Failure to Return a Reserve Book
Any person who fails to return a reserve book shall pay a fine according to the following schedule: For the first hour or a fraction thereof after the hour appointed for return, one peso (Php1.00); for each hour after the first, five pesos (Php5.00); for each full day, fifty pesos (Php50.00). A second offense within a semester shall automatically suspend/curtail this privilege for the rest of the semester or summer.
Withdrawal of a Reserve Book Without Reservation Permit
Any person who draws out a reserve book for overnight use without an approved reservation shall pay a fine of Php50.00. The library privilege to borrow from the reserve collections shall be suspended for two weeks on the second offense.
Failure to Return a General Reference Book and Other Restricted Materials Borrowed for Photocopying Purposes.
A person who fails to return a general reference book and other restricted materials borrowed for photocopying purposes shall pay a fine of Php50.00, on the second offense the person shall have his library privileges suspended for one week.