Circulation Rules & Regulations
UP Manila constituents can borrow materials from any of the libraries in the system. The number of items you can borrow depends on your status and the loan category of the item. A range of categories is used to facilitate the most effective use of our collections. Please refer to the tables below.
You must have your University ID card with you to borrow items from the library. If an item has been reserved for you, it will be held at the Issue Desk. Items can be returned at the Issue Desk.
|User Categories||No. of Items||Interim Loan Entitlements
under the "New Normal"
|Types of Materials||Loan P eriods*||Interim Loan Period
under the "New Normal"
|General Circulation Books||7 days (renewable once);
except in CAS with 14 days
|7 days (renewable twice)|
|Filipiniana Books||7 days (renewable once)||7 days (renewable twice)|
|Reserve Books||Overnight||7 days (renewable twice)|
|Reference Books||Room use only||Room use only|
|Theses/Dissertations||Room use only||Room use only|
|Special Collections||Room use only||Room use only|
|Journals||Room use only (for photocopy)||Room use only|
|Periodicals||Room use only (for photocopy)||Room use only|
- You are responsible for ensuring that items are returned or renewed on or before the due date.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that it will be possible to renew items. If items have been reserved for another user, they must be returned on the due date. Fines will apply if items are not returned by the due date.
- Any borrowed item may be recalled at any time. Fines will apply if items are not returned by the amended due date.
- Please remember that you are responsible for all items borrowed from your account until they are returned and cleared off your record.
- If items become overdue while issued to you we will send a courtesy reminder by email or post informing you of this.
- If you fail to return them at this stage a second overdue message will be sent and your record will be blocked for borrowing and renewal.
- If you still fail to return items you will be billed for their replacement cost.
- Notices are a courtesy and non-receipt does not exempt the borrower from overdue fines or charges
Learn More: New Normal Book Borrowing & Book Returning
Ask a Librarian